http://eventglue.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/tammy-levent1.jpg 402 604 Marvelless Mark Kamp http://eventglue.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/oprocks_weblogo.png Marvelless Mark Kamp2011-03-09 05:50:572014-02-23 05:54:01Rockstar Travel! How to Avoid the Flu While Flying!
How to Avoid the Flu When Flying By Tammy Levent It’s not news that close quarters and recycled air spread germs, but with flu season in full swing and H1N1 lurking, you might want to take some extra precautions. Here are a few easy preventatives:
- Drink plenty of water in flight. You might want to take an empty plastic water bottle through security and fill it up at a drinking fountain before boarding – then you are not at the mercy of flight attendants for drinks.
- Wipe armrests and your tray table with a sanitizing wipe. Germs can live for a day or longer on hard surfaces.
- Don’t put things in the seatback pocket – people put disgusting things in there (used tissues are the tip of the iceberg).
- If you’re hardcore about staying healthy, the Zadro Nano UV Scanner is a fun gadget. It emits a powerful UV light that wipes out 99.9% of bacteria after a 30-second sweep. Use it to disinfect blankets, headrests, toilet seats, and toothbrushes.
- Don’t aim the AC vent on your head; you don’t want to be blasted with dry recycled air for hours.
- Support your immune system. I always take Airborne when I fly.
Tammy Levent CEO of Elite Travel Tammy@elitetravelgroup.net www.elitetravelgroup.net